BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Long-distance love

Relationships are so weird. Long-distance relationships are even weirder.

After the warm glow of the new relationship flame dies down, you start to notice the little negatives. For some reason, these little negatives turn into big negatives when you add a couple miles between you and your partner. I think that it's because you have so much time to yourself to overthink, and it's so much easier to be mad at somebody for their flaws than it is to miss them.

I'm pretty sure my relationship is the toughest thing I've ever endured in my life. I often wonder how my life right now would have turned out had I not said yes to him. Easier, I'm sure. But I've grown so much and learned so much, and even though I still suffer, it will all be worth it in the end.

I hate when I have my doubting periods. Being unsure of what to do is one of the worst feelings in the world, especially when you're convinced that any decision you make will be a bad one. But the thing is, every time I see his face, I fall in love again and know that I am not ready to have him missing from my life.

I am feeling much better about everything now. This is just a cycle I go through. Every summer, as my move-in date inches closer and closer, I start worrying and getting angry about the dumbest things in my relationship. Then I act like a moody bitch, which I think is a subconscious effort to make things easier if the relationship takes a turn for the worst. But again, like I said, I just have to see his face to know that everything's going to be okay and that I really have nothing to be angry about.

Now that things are good in the hood, I can't wait to get back to school!

0 comments: