BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 3, 2009

On being social

Quick update: I started classes yesterday, and so far, so good! Most of the topics are very interesting, and for the ones that aren't as much, the professors are funny and cool enough to make up for it. I think this is going to be a great semester.

Longer update: I've always thought of myself as a loner. I still think of myself as a loner. I honestly have no problem with spending some good quality time with myself. However, I have noticed the past few days that I tend to be happier when I'm social.

It's true that socializing does get tiring, but for some reason, each time I meet someone new and have a decent-length conversation with them, I find myself simply glowing afterward. I don't know whether it is because I put myself in such a friendly, happy, outgoing mood in order to make them feel comfortable and it merely carries over into my alone time, or if it's because I am genuinely glad to have interacted with another human being. I guess it doesn't really matter why it makes me happy, just as long as it makes me happy.

So I suppose this means I should be a little less of a hermit, especially when my mood is on the slightly gloomy side. I've never been one to share my problems with others, and I'm not saying I suddenly will; just maybe it might be helpful for me to surround myself with people when I'm upset rather than shut myself in my room.

0 comments: