BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 27, 2009

So you wanna be a rock superstar?

I really, really wish I could be a rock star. I've always wanted to be the frontwoman of a super famous, super talented, super awesome band.

I definitely have the stage presence for it. I've been doing theater for about 10 years, so I know how to present myself in front of an audience. I have excellent public speaking skills, and I'm not afraid of being by myself in front of a large amount of people. I've been told that I stand out in a crowd when I want to.

I also have the personality for it. I'm zany, but smart. I'm expressive, but not ostentatious. I'm creative, but also down-to-earth. I'm pretty chill, but I also have a noticeable dorky side. I think I'd be a likable and interesting public figure.

I just wish I had a stronger voice. I absolutely love singing, but I'm not good enough to command a stadium. I can do more than just carry a tune, yet I'm not even close to rock star status. This makes me sad.

It could be so easy for me. I could make millions of dollars and pay off all my debts, and at the same time release music that changes people's lives, or at least makes them enjoy life a little bit more. I could strengthen the presence of women in rock and roll and become a positive role model for my younger listeners. I could use my popularity to gain support for animal rights and charities and stuff. And everybody would always be looking at me and wishing they were as cool as I was.

I just want people to wish they were me for once.

0 comments: