BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Weekend: Part I

This is the first weekend I've spent at school in a very long time. I left quite a bit last year, so I've kind of forgotten what it's like to have so much free time in Boston.

Friday night was... well, pretty horrible. One of my girlfriends - whom we shall call "A" - kidnapped me and convinced me to go out with her and her roommate. The first few hours of the night were spent with me trying to help her figure out what to wear (a.k.a. me voting for one outfit and her picking another one), me trying to convince her that she doesn't look fat in the chosen outfit (and all the other contenders, for that matter), and me ultimately feeling under-dressed and kind of butch. Even though what I was wearing - jeans and a t-shirt - was completely fine and entirely appropriate for the evening's festivities.

Then we went to my guy friend's - whom we shall call "B" - house to pre-game, which consisted of downing three shots of Tequila in 15 minutes. Off we went to the Sigma Chi party.

This is when the drama ensued.

But first: a bit of background history. A and B dated last year for a brief 2-month stint. History lesson over.

B's a pretty flirtatious guy. It's just in his nature. Half the time he doesn't even know he's doing it. A is a pretty worrisome girl. It's just in her nature. Most of the time she is completely aware she's doing it, but she does it anyway because she can't stop.

So at the party, B flirts with lots of girls. He even flirts with me, but that's not entirely out of his character. He's my best friend who at one point had, and maybe even still has, a crush on me. Anyhow, A gets jealous and decides we need to leave to go to another party hosted by a girl who lived on our floor last year. I don't object because I'm not a big fan of frat parties as it is, and the other party promised to be more low-key because it was hosted by two girls who happen to be potheads. In my mind, potheads are chill and would thus prevent further drama.

While all this is going on, A also feels responsible to show her roommate a good time. This is because her roommate transferred from Wheaton, a smaller college, to here in order to go to better parties.

We leave and start making our way to a house we've never been to before, apparently located in Brighton somewhere. A calls the girl from our floor, who tries to give us directions, but since both parties in the phone conversation are drunk and frustrated, we end up getting lost in Brighton. Then A and her roommate start fighting because we're lost instead of partying it up, and I just try to keep them from hating each other forever, which would be awkward since they live together.

A decides to call a taxi, and we go home.

What a fucking mess of a night.

The aftermath: A and her roommate are now mad at each other, A and B are now mad at each other, I can't hang out with A and B at the same time anymore, and I have decided that I'm never going to a frat party ever again because they're stupid.

Luckily the rest of my weekend has been decent so far! More on that later.

0 comments: