BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Weekend: Part II (and the days following)

Minus the Friday fiasco, my weekend was great! I went to Copley Square, I watched movies, I hung out with my sister, and I went to the Cheesecake Factory and had a delicious dinner followed by delicious cheesecake. Saturday through Monday were pretty low-key, just how I like it.

Classes have been going well. I've only had three classes of fencing, but so far I really like it! No swords yet since we're learning footwork and whatnot, but we played a game today that was pretty fun. It's called "Slap the belly." Basically, you face off with a partner, taking turns advancing and lunging, trying to see who can slap the other in the belly with a fencing glove first. I won a few rounds today. It was interesting to see how each person has a different fighting style. Personally, I need to work on being a little less aggressive and a little more tactful; the rounds I lost were the ones where I was concentrating too hard on attacking the other person rather than luring them in and waiting for them to lunge and miss before I counter-attacked.

I GOT A JOB! I'll be working for concessions at Agganis Arena. I'm thinking it's going to be a fun job because I'll be working with lots of fellow BU students and because we'll get to see/hear concerts and other cool events. Hopefully I get a decent number of hours, considering the hours aren't really fixed because they're driven by events.

Something I've been thinking about the last few days: have you ever noticed how you can usually tell right away if you're going to get along with somebody? Like, when you meet for the first time, you just click? I've been noticing that more and more since I've been meeting so many new people here. I've met lots of people who I know have the potential to be a great friend of mine, and I know this because there's, like, this little clicking feeling in my gut, like our personalities snapping together or something. I've also met some people who spark absolutely no feeling in me whatsoever. And it's not like they're bad people or anything. They're certainly nice and interesting. It's just that I feel absolutely nothing when I meet them. If anything, I feel like the brief companionship is forced, like both of us know that something isn't fitting into place. I don't think this a form of prejudice or anything. I think it's more of a natural or spiritual phenomenon.

I think I'll end here.

0 comments: