BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 17, 2010

CocoRosie

Last night I went to see CocoRosie at the Pearl Street Ballroom. At first I was wary about going because the tickets cost $21.50 (damn internet fees!) and I didn't even know the band. But I decided to go anyway because my friend really wanted to and I wanted to have some quality bonding time.

I don't regret a single penny I spent. The show was awesome! The music isn't my ordinary style, but I think that's why it was so refreshing. I got to experience something entirely new and not have my eardrums blown out for once!

Here's a video of CocoRosie's "Lemonade":




They're really weird, I know, but they're extremely talented. Their live shows are incredible for several reasons, among them being:

- They are accompanied by an AMAZING beatboxer
- They run a projection of cool artsy video clips behind them instead of having traditional stage lights
- They remix their songs for live performances

So yeah, totally glad that I ONCE AGAIN stepped out of my comfort zone and went to this concert!

0 comments: