BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Mountain Day!!!

At 7am this morning I awoke to the bells ringing joyously throughout the quad as though it were Christmas Day. But in actuality... IT'S MOUNTAIN DAY!

Mountain Day is a day chosen at random by our President, Carol Christ, to cancel classes and give students a well-deserved day off. Originally this was so Smithies could go climb Mount Tom, but now the day is often used to go apple picking, hiking, or bike riding, or to do homework and catch up on some much needed sleep.

I will admit, last night I didn't want Mountain Day yet. I wanted it to be next week, thinking the day should be saved for when I'm really going crazy. But now that Mountain Day is here... I'm totally thrilled!

I'm not sure yet what I shall do with my free time. I think this morning I'll go to the gym and do some homework, and then, since it's sunny and will be close to 80 degrees today, I'll lay out in the sun for one last time before fall really starts to set in.

What a beautiful day for a Mountain Day!

0 comments: