BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 2: Water balloons and Paradise Pond

After a delicious breakfast of fried eggs, potatoes, and yogurt, I started my day of academic advising meetings and summer reading discussions.

Between all that administrative stuff, I managed to stop by the Lyman Plant House and pick up my free ivy plant (and one for my mom)! I think I shall name them Nadine and Rocko.

I've got all my potential classes picked out - I'll update with which ones I actually get on Friday. Get this, though: there's a class offered in the Spring called "Roll over Beethoven: A History of Rock" that examines the growth of rock music from blues to heavy metal, grunge, and techno! How freaking awesome is that?!

After an extremely hot and long summer reading lecture, we met in the Jordan house living room for some ice breakers and a WATER BALLOON FIGHT! I didn't want to join in at first, but then I got over being a big baby and got in my bathing suit. It was a blast! And then we spontaneously decided to go jump in Paradise Pond, another thing I wouldn't have ordinarily done because of my fear of leeches and dark water, and that was even more fun! I'm so glad I forced myself out of my comfort zone tonight.

Lesson of the day: stop being lame and just do it!

More tomorrow!

0 comments: