BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Stop, look, and listen: here come the Smithereens!

I'm officially a Smithereen! Friday night around 11:30, I was walking back to my dorm with my friend when all of a sudden I got a phone call. I picked up the phone to hear "Amy! You need to get back to your room quickly!" Thinking it was an emergency, I ran back to my room and opened to door... and the Smithereens came parading out of the bathroom and serenaded me with their theme song! Then they gave me a pair of their signature Smithereens sunglasses, told me to put on my shoes, and whisked me away to collect the other new members. Afterward we all went down to the dock at Paradise Pond, where the newbies were given cake and champagne and were serenaded some more.

I've never been sung to before! It made me feel so special!

The rest of my weekend had its ups and downs, but I'm working on clearing out my head before I face the new week.

0 comments: