BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Weekend update

I am totally burnt out! Today I'm taking most of the day off of orientation activities because if I don't, I'll be no fun at all. That's kind of what happened yesterday when a group of transfers went to the Three County Fair.

Normally I love fairs, but as soon as I stepped foot on the fair grounds, I regretted going. I mean, fairs are kind of a weird place to go if you don't really know the group of people you're with anyway, especially if it's not even nighttime (when fairs really come alive), but I was just so exhausted from socializing and running around and trying to remember people's names that I just kinda sucked into myself. We ended up leaving early, and when we got back to campus I went off on my own. I laid down on the grass near the pond in a patch of sunlight and closed my eyes for a half hour, appreciating the silence and warmth.

I felt much better afterward and enjoyed the rest of my night hanging out with some girls in my dorm.

Friday night we had game night with Sessions House. It was a blast! I managed to make some Sessions friends who also happen to be transfers, so that was pretty cool.

I'm about to head off to the gym for the first time, but beyond that, I'm not quite sure what my day will hold! (Besides a barbecue later)

0 comments: