BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 24, 2010

SO MUCH TO DO! So little time...

I GOT MY RADIO SHOW!!! I'll be the DJ of an all-metal mashup on Saturdays from 12-2pm! Or at least those are my hours right now, but they may change due to music censorship issues. Apparently we can't play any songs containing profanity unless it's between the hours of 10pm and 2am, and since my show is in the middle of the day and my genre is composed mostly of bad words, I'm not so sure it's gonna work out... I have training tomorrow morning, so I plan on raising that issue with my department head at that point.

Also... I GOT CALLED BACK TO 2 OUT OF 3 OF THE ACAPELLA GROUPS! Tonight I'll be auditioning again for the Smithereens, and Sunday for the Smiffenpoofs. I'm really excited and I hope I make it! If I do, however, I may run into conflict with my radio show because both activities are quite time consuming. I can't exactly wait it out to see if I have enough time for both because finding a replacement for me for either organization is a pain in the rear. But I'm not even officially in acapella yet, so I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

More updates to come as I receive them!

3 comments:

Scott McLean said...

That's cool. Radio is an interesting field and I wish you the best. There's a new metal radio show DJ in our area and she's good but I missed the old show too. I like to listen to the metal radio station out of Lviv, Ukraine and I'll mention in my blog sometime. They played some stuff we don't get here. I'll stop back here and see what else you tell us. thanks.

Scott McLean said...

Just a note, they dudn't play "Oblivion" by Mastodon except for to advertise their metal show on the weekends. But that's a great song.

Scott McLean said...

i meant didn't haha. ok take care.